We sell feed grade zeolite clinoptilolite which has been verified by the European Commission as suitable for use in animal feed and in organic farming.
Under Commission Implementing Regulation (EC) No. 651/2013 of 9th July 2013, amending Regulation (EC) No. 1810/2005, zeolite clinoptilolite of sedimentary origin has been granted authorisation for use for animal species at a maximum content of 10,000 mg/kg (complete feed complex with a moisture content of 12%).
According to the Directive, this product is a hydrated calcium aluminosilicate of sedimentary origin containing a minimum of 80% of clinoptilolite and a maximum of 20% of clay materials, free of fibres and quartz.
It is most frequently used as feed for large animals, such as beef and dairy herds, as well as in poultry farming.
Heavy metals content:
- Lead (Pb) < 30mg/kg
- Cadmium <2mg/kg
- Dioxin < 0.75 ng WHO-PCDD/F TEQ/Kg (ppt)
Benefits of using clinoptilolite in animal feed:
- Absorbs ammonia produced in the rumen (larger part of the alimentary canal of ruminant animals), resulting in improved blood serum levels;
- Buffers the rumen pH, helping to protect against sub-acute ruminal acidosis (SARA);
- Binds aflatoxins, helping to protect against the development of aflatoxicosis;
- Absorbs lead and other toxic heavy metals;
- Improved milk yields
- Better overall health.
Enquire for more details or place an order here.