Bentonex WS is a high quality Argentinian natural sodium bentonite, milled and air classified to give a consistent fine powder. It has a high ph and is suitable for a variety of applications. It has a light beige-grey colour and velvety texture. The clay comes in 25kg bags and 1MT big bags. Minimum order quantity – 25kg. We dispatch worldwide.
Typical Chemical Analysis
Montmorillonite – 88%
Feldspars – 5%
Gypsum – 5%
Quartz – 2%
Bulk Density 800 – 900 Kg/m3
Cation Exchange Capacity 77 meq/100g
Swelling Volume 29 cm3/2g
Moisture <14% by weight
Retained on a 150µm sieve <5%
Bentonites we stock
Several different types of bentonite are stocked and all can be supplied in 25Kg sacks; most are also available in 1 tonne IBCs. Bentonite powders can also be supplied in bulk (tanker deliveries).
- Bentonex CB (calcium bentonite powder, also known as Fullers Earth) is used in pelletising applications, fertilisers, seed coatings and effluent treatment.
- Bentonex SB (sodium bentonite powder) is ideal for the production of slurries and grouts for civil engineering and geotechnical applications. It is popular for the lining of lakes and ponds and is also used in effluent treatment.
- Bentonex SB Granular (sodium bentonite granules) offers slow hydration, allowing use in deep water applications. It is ideal for a range of civil engineering and geotechnical applications such as filling cable trenches and the plugging of boreholes and landfill gas wells. This product is also used to improve electrical conduction around earthing rods.
- Bentonex CES Pellets (sodium bentonite pellets) provide delayed swelling for the sealing of bore holes and other deep water applications.
- Bentonex WS (natural sodium bentonite powder) is used in specialist applications.
- Bentonex White is a high brightness bentonite used in the manufacture of ceramics and other applications.